Suitable premises were opened eventually in Gibraltar Street, on a main road position, near to the centre of Sheffield. As trade increased, agencies for numerous makes of tyres were taken on and a period of expansion took place. The depression and general strike and uncertain times caused trade to slump and brought Mr. Hawley to near bankruptcy, however he was able to keep hold of the Sheffield premises and to concentrate his efforts on that. He had been joined during this period by his son Reg Hawley.
In 1947, Ernest Hawley decided to retire. Reg Hawley took over the running of the firm and around this time the company was named Hawleys Tyre Maintenance Service.
In 1950 David Hawley, joined his father Reg, at the Sylvester Street premises, which was to serve until new premises were purchased in Bridge Street and a new Limited Company to be known as Hawleys (Tyre Services) Limited was registered, with Reg Hawley as managing director and David Hawley and Les Black as fellow directors.
The present Bridge Street premises became the head office. Other depots were opened in London Road and Langsett Road in Sheffield, and a depot in Canklow Road, Rotherham.
Martin Hawley, joined the company in 1967 and became company secretary, running the office side of the firm, whilst David Hawley concentrated on the sales and service side of a rapidly growing outfit.